This is probably one of the easiest, most delicious and moist pineapple cakes I’ve ever made. It’s done in one bowl and you can have it in the oven in less than 15 min. It does take a while to bake but nothing so delicious is done immediately. While your cake is baking you can make your cream cheese frosting. This is a great cake to take to a potluck dinner. I know you will have people coming up to and asking you for the recipe.
Easy Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 20 ounce can crushed pineapple do not drain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
Add the eggs, crushed pineapple, and vanilla and mix well.
Pour the cake batter into a greased 9×13 inch glass baking dish. Bake the cake for 20 minutes at 325 then cover loosely with foil to prevent over browning. Return to the oven to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the cake. *SEE NOTE BELOW
Cool completely then ice the cake with homemade cream cheese frosting.
Directions for Cream Cheese Frosting:
Beat the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Add vanilla and powdered sugar and mix well.
Slice and Enjoy!!!
- The cake will become quite brown as it bakes. It should be a golden brown, similar to the color of baked banana bread.
- After the initial baking time, I covered my cake with the foil and baked an additional 10 minutes. Then I checked it and it was still not done. I continued to check it every 10 minutes until a toothpick came out clean in the center of the cake and the cake had a nice golden brown color.
If you liked this post then you’ll love these other posts: