I love football season and I’m always having guests over to watch the games. For this weekends game I made these Football Brownies with chocolate covered football strawberries on top. The brownie is homemade but if you’re short on time feel free to use a box brownie mix. It’s the thought that counts and nobody’s going to know unless you tell them. The chocolate covered strawberries are very easy to make. I used Baker’s Chocolate in the microwavable cup. I then dipped the strawberries, allowed them to harden and drew on my football laces. Your guests are going to think you took hours to put these together and the kids are going to love helping you.
- 1 ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- ½ cup chocolate chunks
- ½ cup semi-sweet chips
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Green icing
- Melting chocolate - milk chocolate or semi-sweet whichever your preference
- White decorating gel
In a saucepan, melt sugar, water, and chocolate chunks together until the chocolate is melted.
● Allow it to cool.
● In a bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, chocolate chips, baking powder and salt.
● Pour in the eggs and vanilla. Mix until just combined.
● Line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
● Pour the brownie mix into the dish. Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
● Cool completely before cutting.
● Using green icing and a star tip, frost green ‘grass’ on top of the brownie.
● Melt chocolate according to package instructions. I found some in microwavable cups that worked perfectly.
● Place a sheet of parchment paper on the counter. Dip a strawberry into the melted chocolate. allow to set on the parchment paper.
● Allow to set on the parchment paper.
● Once hardened, draw the football laces on the strawberry with the decorating gel.
● Place a strawberry on the brownie.