I love these sugar cookie fruit pizzas because they are so easy to make you can go with a store bought sugar cookies or use any slice and bake sugar cookie or make a from scratch sugar cookie. Top with cream cheese, fruit and glaze and viola sugar cookie fruit pizza. They will be gone in no time. I also love to get the kids involved with the decorating.
Sugar Cookie Pizzas
- Any Slice and Bake Sugar Cookie Dough
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1-3/4 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup chopped peeled kiwifruit
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
Bake cookies according to package directions. You will need 12 3-inch sugar cookies.
For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, pineapple juice, water and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Transfer to a small bowl; refrigerate until cooled but not set.
In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping. Spread over tops of cookies. Arrange fruit on top; drizzle with glaze. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled.