When school’s out and summer begins, there may be a few things you need to change for your family. You will have about three months to fill with activities and you may also want to adjust sleep and wake and even food schedules according to the new summer schedule. So, where do you begin? Here are some tips.
Here is how to create a summer family schedule that works for you and yours:
- Make a list of things you want to do in the summer.
- Make a list of daily tasks that need to get done.
- Plan your schedule around major daily events like waking, bedtime, and meal times.
- Plan other events around your major events above.
- Don’t forget to give slots of “free time” for just relaxing.
While it is summer and you have a lot you want to do, it’s important you schedule some free days and some down time in each day for reading, relaxing, or vegging in front of the TV. While you don’t want your children to lie around and do nothing all summer, it is important they get some time to just relax and not be overscheduled.
With these tips, you now know how to create a summer family schedule. You can use these ideas to make your own schedule according to your needs.