One of the best parts of the Christmas season is decorating for the holidays. You can decorate both indoors and out, and there’s much more to it than just the Christmas tree, if you really want to get into the spirit of the season.
Whether you are decorating for your own immediate family, or if you’re looking to share your decor with friends and extended family, or decorate outside for your neighborhood to enjoy, you can do so with our tips.
Here’s how to decorate for Christmas inside and out:
- Make a plan – A great first step is to make a plan. What areas do you want to decorate? What decorate items do you have already to work with? What kind of budget do you have for buying new decor? Will you be making some items yourself?
- Put up your tree – While it’s not a requirement, most people love putting up a Christmas tree and then decorating it. There are so many options – real and artificial – small, large, green, white, and so much more.
- Put out a centerpiece – A Christmas themed centerpiece on your dining room table (or also on your living room tables/ coffee tables) can really pull the whole holiday spirit together. You can make one or buy one, you can use a big one or a small one – the ideas are unlimited and can be a part of your decorating planning.
- Decorate the front door – You can use a wreath, a door cover, or just some random decorations to spruce up your front door. Some people even use Christmas wrapping paper. A great front door can make the whole house pop for the holiday season.
- Decorate the porch – If you really love to decorate, you don’t have to stop at the door. You can also decorate your front porch. Depending on space available, you can do a lot of a little. You can do traditional décor, or a contemporary approach. It’s all about what you want and what you want to say to the world with your décor.
- Decorate the lawn – You don’t have to stop at the front porch, either. You can spread your decorations to the lawn as well. Lights on your house and in your trees, inflatables, and other décor can turn your lawn into a winter wonderland.
- Spruce up the nooks and crannies – If you really love Christmas, you don’t have to limit yourself to decorating just the main areas. You can also put decorations in all those nooks and crannies of your home where people may need some holiday cheer the most.
- Use presents as décor – You can also use presents (real ones you give away later or props) to decorate around your home. Place them on the staircase, on tables, etc. They look beautiful so why not show them off?
- Pick themed colors – Some people love to pick a theme, or themed colors, and use this theme throughout all of their décor, both inside and out. It might be snowmen, or reindeer, or the colors green and red. It can be anything you want, but a theme can really tie it all together.
Now that you know more about how to decorate for Christmas, you can begin planning today. There’s no reason to wait, as the season will be here faster than you can imagine.