Just because the weather is getting cooler doesn’t mean you can’t still enjoy a great time with your family outdoors. In fact, fall is a wonderful time to enjoy family activities. It’s not too hot (like it can be in the summer) and it’s before the winter brings cold temperatures. Many families find this is the best time of year to enjoy some fun outside.
Here’s how to have fun with your family outdoors this fall:
- Go on a hike – There’s never a better time for a hike than in the fall. The weather’s right and you can watch the leaves changing color.
- Color walks – Fall is a wonderful time for color walks and you can pack up the whole family and head out to enjoy.
- Scavenger hunt – Scavenger hunts are a great way to spend time together as a family and fall is a wonderful time of year to do it because the weather is great for it and it can be a lot of fun to be out and about in the fall season.
- Classic yard games – You can beat some fun like tossing around a ball, setting up some classic yard games to play together, or even just playing basketball in the driveway.
- Rake leaves together – The leaves have to be raked, right? So why not enjoy doing it together. It’s a fun activity for the whole family and it gets the chores checked off the list so you can feel like you’re doing something productive as well.
- Decorate your house and lawn – Fall is the time to bring out those great fall decorations. You can decorate your front porch, put a wreath on the door, or put up other fall-themed décor on the lawn. It’s a lot of fun and you can do it together as a family for some bonding time, too.
- Go pumpkin hunting – You and the family can go out together to the pumpkin patch.
- Sign up for a walk or run together – Fall is a great time for benefit walks, 5Ks and 10Ks, and the like.
- Gardening – Fall is a good time for starting a garden and this is a great activity you can do together as a family. If you’re not already into gardening, take some time to research what you can plant in this season and then put your green thumbs to work together.
- Visit some museums – There’s always a good time to see museums but when the fall season comes around, it’s a great time for doing things indoors. So pack up the fam and head out to some local museums.
- Go on a fall picnic – Picnics aren’t just for summer. In fact, early fall can be a great time to enjoy a picnic with the family in your favorite park, before the weather gets too cold.
I really hope these ideas have helped you think of some ways to enjoy time with your family. Feel free to explore more. Our ideas are just meant as a sounding board for ideas to help get you started.