The bathroom is sometimes one of the hardest rooms in the home to clean and keep clean. The other day I shared a roundup of 10 Clever Ways to Organize Your Small Bathroom Today I dig a little deeper. A lot goes on in there and it sees a lot of traffic every day. If you have a small bathroom, it may seem even harder to keep it clean. There are some tips and tricks that will help you keep even a small bathroom clean and it all begins with proper organization. When your bathroom is organized and everything has its place, it will be easy to keep it neat. So, let’s take a look at how you can do that.
Here are five tips for organizing a small bathroom:
- Declutter – Even bathrooms can get cluttered so take some time to take inventory and get rid of anything you don’t really need. You should also remove anything you don’t really need in the bathroom. If something can be kept in a bedroom or closet instead, move it to make room.
- Make use of the wall space – You can add shelving on the walls, hang hooks for towels and robes, and even put caddies and shelves for nail polish, essential oils, or other bathroom goodies and essentials. Get the most out of even a small bathroom by using the wall space to organize as well.
- Have family members use personal caddies – You can each create your own bathroom caddy full of all the essentials you need to use while in there, but keep the caddy in your own rooms. Then, each person brings it into the bathroom with them when they need it, and takes it out when they are finished. This keeps space clear and organized in a small bathroom.
- Use a door caddy – You can make your own or buy one. You can also use a shoe organizer and place bottles, hair brushes and other bathroom items in the pockets in place of shoes. This is a simple way to get even the smallest bathroom organized.
- Organize under the sink – This is the most under-utilized space in the average bathroom. You can really get more done in that space than you think if you get a little creative.
Now that you have these five tips for organizing a small bathroom, you can apply them today.