When you rent your home, it can be a little more difficult to decorate how you’d like since you typically cannot make permanent changes. Things like paint or renovations may be completely off limits. That said, there are still many ways you can get the look you want in your home, even if you’re renting.
Here are some tips:
- Don’t do anything permanent without permission from your landlord.
- Think thrifty. Mix garage sale finds with affordable new pieces and make the most of your budget.
- Use accessories to define your space. Maybe you can’t paint the walls but you can decide what goes within them. Accessories are your friend.
- Consider removable wall decals. They come in many shapes, sizes, and designs. You can even have your own made. Just peel them off when it’s time to move.
- Use modular/removable storage. Storage goes a long way to keeping things clean and organized and a great storage module or unit can really look good in a room.
- Swap the hardware – You can change out cabinet knobs and drawer pulls to something that’s more your style. It’s affordable and easy and you can put the old ones back on when you move. Easy-peasy!
These are just a few home décor tips for renters. Do you have experience in decorating a rental home or apartment? What are some tips you would add?