Vinegar is one of the most versatile items you’ll find in homes everywhere. In addition to being used as an ingredient for cooking or a pickling agent, it has many other wonderful uses. It’s most popular for its ability to clean and disinfect surfaces, making white vinegar a popular cleaning agent for your home that is safe and inexpensive to use.
Here are five ways to clean your home with white vinegar that you may not have thought of before:
- Get rid of that funky smell coming out of your kitchen and bathroom drains. Pour half a cup of baking soda and then half a cup of vinegar into the smelly drain. The mixture will begin to foam as it cleans away the grime and odor.
- Remove coffee stains from cups and odors from plastic containers. Dip a washcloth into the vinegar and use it to clean the inside of plastic containers to remove the smell. Use a mixture of half vinegar and half baking soda to clean coffee cups.
- Clean and sanitize vinyl floors. Pour one fourth cup of vinegar into a gallon of hot water and damp mop your floors with the mixture.
- Clean your mirrors and windows. Fill a spray bottle with half water and half vinegar to make a streak free cleaner for all the glass surfaces in your home.
- Remove soap scum from your shower and tub. Use a spray bottle to evenly distribute the vinegar over the area you’re cleaning. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, then scrub with a brush and rinse.
These are just a few of the ways you can use white vinegar as a cleaning agent and it’s safe for kids and pets.