Spring is a wonderful time of year when the flowers begin to bloom, the leaves fill the trees and the birds sing in the mornings. The wonderful springtime scents and warm breeze are uplifting. You quickly forget about the cold harsh winter and begin looking forward to spending some time outside in the fresh air. It’s also the perfect time to redecorate your home.
Here are a few great spring time home décor ideas that you may want to try this year:
- Switch out the dark curtains for some light, pastel ones to brighten up the room and place bright colorful throw pillows on the sofa and chairs.
- Create a unique display of flowers with assorted pastel colored vases and place throughout your home to brighten up every room.
- Switch out your artwork with some beautiful designs with a springtime pallet. Paintings of flowers, birds and botanical prints help to create a warm, welcoming environment.
- Rearrange the furniture to open up the room. Place the sofa and chairs where you’re facing the windows so you can see the sunshine, trees, flowers and birds.
- If you want a major change, paint the walls a pastel color. Consider different shades of blues, greens and yellows to really brighten things up.
- Switch out the heavy comforter set for a lighter one with a trendy new watercolor floral design.
- Create your own décor by selecting a few glass, see-through containers. Next, add a little sand to the bottom and fill with seashells. These look great sitting on the mantel or as a centerpiece for your table.
Use these home décor ideas to help usher in springtime. The bright colors and friendly atmosphere will improve your overall mood while energizing your mind and body.