Many people keep journals or diaries and have been for many years. It’s a great way to unwind and relax, to explore your thoughts, to track your progress on goals, or just to relive the things that happened that day and in the past. There are many great reasons to keep a journal but sometimes people struggle to know how to get started.
If you’ve decided to keep a journal but you don’t know just where to begin, here are five journal prompts to get you started:
- Grateful list – Make a list of the things you are grateful for today.
- Life lessons – What are some important life lessons you’ve learned? Who taught you and what did you gain from it?
- Write a letter to your future self – Don’t skimp on the details.
- Childhood memories – Write about your childhood memories. How do they impact you today?
- Fear – What are you afraid of? What is it about these things that makes you afraid? Do you remember a time you were not afraid?
With these five journal prompts, you can begin journaling yourself. If you’re already journaling, use these prompts on a slow day, or to help you get inspired. Use them to dig deeper into what you think and feel. Have fun!