Does it ever feel like you wish you had more hours in the day? We’ve probably all felt like that from time to time but sometimes it can really feel like you’re overwhelmed by the lack of time. If your to-do list is smothering you right now, it can help to learn how to do more with less time.
Here is how you can get more done in less time:
- Skip the multitasking – You might think you’re getting more done this way but you’re really not. You’re spreading yourself too thin and making it more difficult for your brain to focus on the task at hand. In short, you can’t give any one task your 100% attention and this makes it harder and longer to get things done.
- Take breaks – You might feel like you already don’t have enough time but taking these breaks will help you refuel to finish your to-do list.
- Work in chunks – If you can work in chunks of say 90 minutes on and 30 minutes of a break, it will go a long way toward helping you complete tasks.
- Use the right tools – Dull tools make it harder to complete your tasks correctly. Always use the right tools and make sure they are in proper working order if you want to get more done in less time.
- Focus on one thing at a time – As we mentioned in the multi-tasking section, if you spread yourself too thin, you won’t get anything done. You should try to have fewer projects going at once and focus on finishing those before taking on more.
With these tips on how to get more done in less time, you’re ready to start being more productive.