Are you looking for ways to clean your home without relying on cleaning products? Maybe you’re looking to cut costs or you’re just looking for more natural ways to clean your home. No matter what the case is, there are a number of ways you can clean your home by using products that you may already have in your household.
Here are six DIY cleaning tricks for around the house:
- Use lemon juice to remove hard water stains from your faucets. Do you have the hardest time removing those annoying hard water stains in your bathroom or kitchen sink? You can pour lemon juice or rub a lemon slice on your faucet. Scrub until the stain is gone!
- Make your microwave easier to clean by using white vinegar. Is your microwave full of popcorn butter, spaghetti sauce, and who knows what else? Pour a white vinegar and water solution into a microwave-safe bowl. Heat it up for a few minutes. When you remove the bowl, you’ll find that the steam makes the microwave grime easier to remove.
- Create a DIY air freshener. Instead of wasting money on Lysol, why not make your own air freshener? All you need to do to make a great-smelling air freshener is combine a tablespoon of baking soda and about five drops of an essential oil of your choice. Add it to a spray bottle and then fill the rest of the bottle with water.
- Use hydrogen peroxide and baking soda to remove pesky pet stains. The next time Fluffy makes a mess, you’ll want to blot the area with paper towels to soak up any liquid and then sprinkle baking soda over the area. Then combine 1/2 cup of hydrogen peroxide and one teaspoon of dish liquid. Pour the solution on the stain, scrub the area, and allow it to sit for about 15 minutes. Repeat if necessary.
- Clean your toilet with baking soda and white vinegar. Are you looking for a scrub-free toilet cleaning solution? Add a cup of baking soda to your toilet bowl and allow it to sit for about an hour. Then pour a cup of white vinegar in and allow it to soak for at least five minutes before flushing.
- Use vinegar and water to clean up your fridge. Are the shelves in your fridge full of gunk? Get rid of dirt in your fridge by cleaning with a 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 water solution.
These are just six DIY cleaning tricks for around the house. Whether you’re cleaning your microwave or bathroom, there are plenty of easy cleaning solutions out there for you to test out in your home.