5 Reasons to Do Couch to 5K
Have you always wanted to do a 5K? Whether you are training for an upcoming event or just looking to get off the couch and shed a few pounds, this is an excellent program.
Here are five reasons to do the ‘Couch to 5K’ program:
- It works no matter what your current fitness level. You can be completely out of shape right now and it’s still going to walk you through the program at a pace you can manage.
- It’s free! Seriously, what excuse do you have now if it doesn’t even cost you anything? It’s a free app (abbreviated C25K) that you get on your phone. It’s a 9 week walk/run program that can take anyone from couch potato to 5K-ready. You won’t spend a lot of money on gear, equipment, or programs.
- Thousands of people have done it. Sometimes following in the footsteps of others (literally) is a good thing. You’re not a lemming by giving it a go. Thousands and thousands of people have done C25K before you and can testify to its success. That’s all the motivation you should need to give it a go.
- It works you up to it gradually. The reason C25K works so well is that it works you up to it gradually. You get a very specific assignment each day you participate for 9 weeks and it even tells you specifically not to get ahead of yourself. Many people train too hard initially, hurt themselves, then give up. It’s a cycle you could repeat again and again but this program prevents that.
- It’s fun. Honestly, a lot of people love the program because it’s fun. It’s interactive and it gives you goals to reach; small goals that let you see results often enough that you keep trying to get to the next one. You can do it with friends and family, or alone. You can do it virtually with long distance friends. You can make it whatever you want it to be, using the app as the framework for your work-out routine.
With these five reasons to do the ‘Couch to 5K’, you don’t have too many excuses left. Go ahead and give it a try. You’ll be so grateful that you did!