Are you sick of constantly needing to clean out your fridge? Is your pantry an absolute mess? It’s so easy for your kitchen to become cluttered. Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to prevent this from happening. The key to de-cluttering your kitchen is to think both in terms of organization and convenience.
Here are five great ways to organize your kitchen:
- Use containers to store items in your fridge. Do you get frustrated when you have to pull the week’s leftovers out just to find the milk? Fortunately, there’s an easy solution! Use containers or small storage bins to keep your refrigerator organized. Designate the containers to certain types of foods, such as beverages, fresh produce, cheese and yogurt, and leftovers. When you’re looking for an item, all you will need to do is pull out the right container.
- Label spices, seasonings, and baking supplies. Consider using jars to store your spices, seasonings, and baking supplies. Create labels so that you know what’s in each of the jars. This way, you will no longer need to worry about accidentally using cayenne pepper instead of garlic or salt instead of sugar when you’re cooking or baking.
- Use over the door organizers. If you have a closet in or near your kitchen, an over the door organizer can be used to store almost anything. Over the door organizers can be used to store your peanut butter, seasonings, oils, and cooking spray. You can also use it to store unopened bottles of pancake syrup, ketchup, mustard, and salad dressings. A cabinet door organizer can be used to store some of these same items or you can use it to store your measuring spoons and cups.
- Keep your junk drawer organized with containers. To make sure that your junk drawer is less full of “junk,” use containers to keep things organized. You can use one container for pens, another for rubber bands, and so on. It will make finding what you need so much less stressful!
- Store your cooking utensils near the stove. You can use a pencil holder, a jar, or even an old coffee mug to keep your cooking utensils organized. You will want to store any spoons, spatulas, and any other utensils that you use while cooking. Keep them near your stove so that you can easily find them when you need them.
These are just five great ways to organize your kitchen. Following these tips will help keep your kitchen less cluttered.