It’s important to add a little fun and uniqueness to the daily rituals of our married life, right? As the years go by, oftentimes so does the lack of effort or ideas put forth for ways to show you care. We get wrapped up in our day-to-day, and before you know it, 10 years have flown by since the last time you had a date with your spouse. How does that even happen??? Life. Life happened. Good news? It doesn’t have to be that way. It’s simple and easy to find new and fun ways to pamper your spouse and show then that you care. Here are a few suggestions for 15 Ways to Pamper Your Spouse.
- Talk ’em up. Give them good praises and sing their worth. You don’t have to go over the top here…but just complimenting them on their day-to-day or by bragging about an accomplishment that they did at work goes a long way!
- Run a bath. Add in their favorite scent and some nice bubbles, and have it waiting for your spouse when they arrive home from work. Extra bonus if you have a glass of wine or a beer nice and chilled to accompany as well.
- Deliver a surprise lunch. We live in a world where almost everything can be delivered! If your spouse loves pizza, send one to them as a fun lunch treat!
- Do something that they want to do. Have they been wanting to see the latest concert in town, but you have no desire? Do it for them. It will mean the world to them.
- Make certain to make time for them. Nothing feels worse than if you feel like your significant other just doesn’t have the time to spend with you. Make that time. Set aside a night per week or every couple of weeks that is a date night for you and your spouse…and then, stick to it. Don’t cancel, don’t reschedule…don’t let anything deter those plans.
- Breakfast in bed. Heck, even just a nice cup of coffee in bed to start the day! Who doesn’t love to wake up to some yummy food or coffee prepared and waiting for them?
- Take turns picking movies. You love romance, but your spouse loves independent films? Take turns. It is important to be open to watching new things and having that new experience with your spouse. You may discover an awesome movie that you never even knew existed!
- Leave “I Love You” notes. No one can ever hear those three little words enough, so why not take some time and make up some fun notes to put in conspicuous places for your space. In their purse or wallet? On a sticky note on their cell phone? On the seat of their car? All great places to remind them how much you care.
- Give them space. Yep, this can be a total way to pamper your spouse. We all need our space, right? And sometimes, it feels as though we don’t get any time to ourselves. So, take the kids and give your spouse an empty house for a few hours. Let them enjoy a show, take a nap…whatever they want to do. You’ll return home to them being energized and feeling appreciated.
- Hug away. Any type of physical touch is important in a marriage. A hug, a quick kiss. All necessary. Hug them in the morning, evening or night for that much-needed warm embrace.
- Bake them a cake. Or their favorite cookies. If it has been a while since they’ve had a dessert that they’ve enjoyed, surprise them with one.
- Listen to them. Hear them when they speak. Don’t interrupt and place value in what they are saying.
- Let them pay. Are you always the one to pull out the family credit card and pay? Maybe your spouse wants that honor every once in a while. Step aside and allow them to pay the bill and leave the tip. It shows them that you trust them and their judgement skills.
- Give ’em a massage. Back massage, foot massage, hand massage…truly doesn’t matter. Just massage them for a few minutes and help them to relax after a stressful day.
- Serve them first for dinner. Sounds silly, but try making their plate first for them for dinner so they can sit down and relax. What a fun way to show them that you appreciate them!
Think tank on all the fun ways that you can pamper your spouse. While the 15 mentioned above are fun and great ideas, there are literally a ton of different ways to go about pampering! Have fun with it, and shower them with your appreciation and your love!