Dryer sheets will soften your clothes, leave them with a fresh clean smell and they’re so convenient to use. Just pop one in the dryer with your load of clothes and everything comes out fresh, clean and soft to the touch. However, did you know that you could use them in a variety of different ways around your home?
Here are five unusual ways to use dryer sheets:
- Take static cling out of the clothes you’re wearing. If your shirt or dress is clinging to your skin, rub the dryer sheet over it to remove the static from the material and it will lay down properly. You can even rub it on your hair to remove static.
- Freshen the air in your vehicle. Is your car smelling a little musky lately or is the scent of food still lingering in the air? Put dryer sheets between or under your seats to give your vehicle a clean, fresh scent.
- Use as an insect repellent. Insects hate the smell of dryer sheets so take some with you whenever you’re outdoors to help keep the mosquitoes and other pests away. Put one in your pocket or rub over your exposed skin to keep them from biting you. You can also attach them to your lawn furniture when relaxing outside.
- Clean latex paint from your paintbrushes. Place a dryer sheet in warm water and then allow the paintbrush to soak for a few minutes and the paint will peel away easily.
- Use them as dust cloths. Dust, hair and other particles tend to stick to dryer sheets easily so they make excellent dust cloths.
These are just a few of the unusual ways to use these little sheets of fabric softeners around the home. They have many more uses that you may not have thought of before. They’re so much more than just a way to soften your laundry and leave it smelling nice.