Are you planning to have guests over for the holiday season? As much as most of us love having company, it can also be overwhelming to prepare to entertain. Don’t fret! There are a number of easy things you can do to prepare.
Here are 10 easy ways to plan for holiday visitors:
- Have snacks and beverages on hand. It’s ideal to offer a variety of snacks and beverages for your guests to choose from. Be sure to make note of any allergies and do your best to accommodate any dietary restrictions that your guests may have.
- Invest in paper and plastic eating utensils. The last thing you want is to do a stack of dishes at every meal when your time could be better spent with your company! Stock up on paper plates and plastic knives, spoons, forks, and cups, which can be easily tossed in the garbage.
- Offer comfortable bedding for your guests. Consider offering a light to medium weight comforter and an additional blanket so that your visitors can make themselves comfortable. Make sure you’ve washed the sheets and comforter ahead of time.
- Provide your holiday visitors with multiple pillows. You should aim to have at least two pillows per guest. You will also want to offer a variety of soft and firm pillows so that your guests can find pillows that are comfortable to sleep on.
- Make sure your bathroom is stocked. Be sure to have a supply of toilet paper and hand soap on hand. If you’re expecting any female guests, fill a basket with sanitary products that they can use in the event of an emergency.
- Prepare for your guests to forget toiletries. A lot of people tend to forget to pack a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, and conditioner. You might also want to keep some deodorant, shaving cream, and razors on hand.
- Keep clean towels on hand. Leave a stack of clean towels in the guest room so that your visitors can easily find them. Also make sure that you leave a towel in the bathroom so that people can dry their hands.
- Designate an area for visitors to leave their belongings. You can clear out an area of the closet for your guests to leave their coats and bags. You might also want to consider designating a room for your guests to leave their things.
- Keep your guests entertained. If the room your guests will be staying in doesn’t have a TV, consider leaving out books, magazines, and word puzzles for them to choose from.
- Decorate the guest room. Consider placing a small Christmas tree, hanging holiday decorations or displaying a seasonal flower arrangement in the room. Decorating the room can help your guests feel at home and boost their holiday spirit!
These are just 10 easy ways to plan for holiday visitors! By following these tips, you can help make your guests feel right at home while they visit you for the holidays.