Are you trying to keep a cleaner home? If so, you may be wondering what tips and tricks can help you get some of your chores done easier. Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to keep your home fresh and tidy just by using a few products that you may already have on hand.
Here are 5 great household cleaning tips you can use today:
- Unclog your drain with baking soda and white vinegar. If the water won’t go down your drain anymore, don’t fret! You can easily unclog it simply by pouring 1/2 cup baking soda down it and adding 1/2 cup vinegar. You can expect it to fizz some, but allow it to sit for about five minutes. Then flush the drain with water. Your drain will be back to its old self!
- Remove pet odor with baking soda. Can you smell Max’s odor from a mile away? Luckily, there’s an easy solution! You can eliminate scents from your carpet, rugs, or even the dog or cat’s bed by sprinkling baking soda. Allow the baking soda to sit for 15 minutes before vacuuming. Once the powder is gone, your home will smell so much fresher!
- Make things shine with vinegar and water. Are your doorknobs, faucets, windows, and mirrors looking dull lately? You can easily fix this problem, simply by creating a vinegar and water solution. Add two tablespoons of white vinegar to a gallon of water and then use a cloth to wipe the solution on whatever needs some shine!
- Clean coffee mugs with toothpaste. Is your morning coffee, tea, or hot cocoa staining your coffee mugs? Don’t worry! This common problem has an easy fix. Use a little toothpaste to remove the stain. Allow it to sit for about 5 minutes and then add water. Scrub it with a sponge until the stain is gone.
- Clean your wooden cutting boards with lemon. Are you looking to kill the bacteria, mold, and germs that have built up on your cutting board? You’ll want to prewash your cutting board with soap and water. Then sprinkle some salt over the board and add some lemon juice. You can spray on lemon juice or scrub it on using a fresh lemon slice. Allow it to sit for about 15 minutes before rinsing with hot water.
These are just 5 great household cleaning tips you can use today! Following these tips will help ensure your home is cleaner in no time!